We Are Accountants Chester
Welcome to Phillips & Co Accountants. We are a firm of Accountants in Chester that has been serving small businesses, landlords and individuals in Chester and beyond since 2012. We provide a wide range of services, including accounting, tax compliance and planning, bookkeeping, company secretarial and payroll. Our services are tailored to meet the individual needs of each client and we use the latest accounting software to ensure that our financial reporting is accurate and timely. Interested in our services? Call our team of Chester Accountants on +44(1244) 220-062.
We are a member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), a Xero Partner, Xero Certified Advisor and Xero Payroll Certified. As such, we are highly regulated and committed to providing our clients with the highest quality service.
Accountants Chester: No-Obligation Quote
Request a no-obligation, no-hassle quote. When you receive a quote, there is absolutely no-obligation to accept it, and you do not need to provide a telephone number. All we need is an email address for us to send the quote to.
All quotes are valid for 30 days from the date of submission. If you have any questions about our quote form, please call or WhatsApp us today on +44(1244) 220-062.
Accountants Chester – Our Clients
A selection of our accounting and tax clients in Chester and beyond. Read what they have to say about us.
- Accounting: We provide a full range of accounting services, including bookkeeping, financial statements and tax preparation.
- Tax: We help our clients with all aspects of their taxes, including individual, company, and self-employed taxes.
- Bookkeeping: We provide a full range of bookkeeping services, including data entry, account reconciliation, and financial reporting.
- Business Consulting: We offer a variety of business consulting services, including strategic planning, financial analysis and company secretarial.
- Payroll: We provide payroll services for businesses of all sizes. We offer a variety of features and options to meet the needs of our clients.
- Accountants Chester and beyond: We provide our services not only to clients in Chester, but also nationally and internationally.
We are confident that our team of Chester Accountants can provide you with the services you need to succeed. Contact Phillips & Co Accountants today if you are looking for a firm of experienced and proactive accountants in Chester.
Phillips & Co Accountants is a firm of Chester Accountants which was founded by father and son duo, Terry and Mark Phillips in 2012. We have grown to become one of the leading accountants in Chester. Phillips & Co are Chartered Certified Accountants, which means that we have the highest level of qualification and experience in accounting. We are regulated by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. As such, we are held to the highest standards of professional conduct.
We believe that it is important to stay up-to-date with the latest accounting and tax regulations. That’s why we require our staff to complete professional development courses each year.
As a local firm of Chester Accountants, we understand the challenges of running a small business, and we will work with you to develop a financial strategy that works for you and your business.
We Are Accountants Chester
- We are a leading firm of Chartered Certified Accountants that has been in business for over 10 years.
- We have over 60 years experience in the accountancy profession.
- We are a Xero Partner, Xero Certified Advisor and Xero Payroll Certified. This means that we are experts in using Xero accounting software.
- We offer both a face-to-face and online service to clients in Chester and beyond.
- We have a team of experienced team of Chester accountants and advisors, with a wealth of knowledge and expertise in all areas of business.
- We are committed to providing our clients with the best possible service and support.
- We are Accountants Chester.
Call today on +44(1244) 220-062, if you are looking for an experienced and reliable firm of accountants and tax advisors in Chester. We would be happy to discuss your needs and how we can help you.
Phillips & Co Accountants has been working with talented and innovative clients in Chester and beyond, since 2012. We have a long history of forming working relationships based on understanding our clients’ needs and developing timely solutions. We are also committed to providing our clients with the highest quality of service and are always available to answer questions and provide guidance when needed.
Accountants Chester – Google Reviews
Here is what some of our clients have to say about us:
Looking for a trusted firm of accountants in Chester?
We understand that switching accountants can be a daunting task, but we are here to make it as easy as possible for you. We will take care of all the paperwork and communication with your old accountant, so you can focus on running your business.
To get started, simply complete the form below. We will be happy to answer any questions you have and help you get started with our services. Alternatively, you can call our team of Chester accountants on +44(1244) 220-062.
Accountants Chester – Tax Blog and FAQs
Stay up-to-date with the latest tax news and financial developments with our blog posts.
Our team of Chester tax advisors regularly publish blog posts on the latest tax news and financial developments. We discuss the latest business and tax news from HMRC, and offer insights into how these changes could affect your business.
If you would like to receive our free, no-obligation tax tip, please sign up here to our Accountants Chester emails.
Accountants Chester – Tax Blog
Here are some of the benefits of reading our blog posts:
- You will stay up-to-date with the latest tax news and financial developments.
- You will learn about how these changes could affect your business.
- You will get insights from our experienced accountants Chester.
We hope that you find our tax blog helpful. Call us on +44 (1244) 220-062 if you would like to discuss any of the topics.
Accountants Chester - Tax Tip No. 50
Autumn Statement Changes
28 November 2023
The recent Autumn Statement introduced several tax changes that could significantly impact small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). To help you navigate these changes, we’ve compiled a list of seven key tax planning points for SMEs:
1. Accountants Chester – Profit Extraction
If your company pays dividends to minor shareholders, prioritize paying dividends before April 6, 2024, to maximize the £1,000 dividend allowance. This allowance is reduced to £500 per person from 2024/25.
2. Accountants Chester – Selling the Business
If you plan to sell your business in the coming year, be aware that the annual exemption for capital gains tax (CGT) will be reduced from £6,000 to £3,000 per person from April 6, 2024.
For more information, see 7 Key Tax Planning Points for SMEs
Accountants Chester - Autumn Statement 2023
Key Tax Points
22 November 2023
In an effort to boost the UK economy, Chancellor Jeremy Hunt unveiled a package of measures that includes business tax cuts and reforms to national insurance contributions:
Accountants Chester – NI Cuts
The headline rate of national insurance for employees will be reduced by 2 percentage points, affecting around 27 million workers. This reduction will take effect on January 6.
Accountants Chester – Self Employed
For the self-employed, the Chancellor announced reforms to national insurance payments that will save around 2 million people an average of £350 per year. Class 2 national insurance, which currently costs £192 per year…
For more information, see Autumn Statement 2023
Accountants Chester - Tax Tip No. 49
Minimum Wage Errors
20 November 2023
Workers are entitled to be paid the National Living Wage (NLW) or Minimum Wage (NMW) for their age. Employers who fail to do this run the risk of financial penalties and of being ‘named and shamed’. To help employers avoid mistakes, HMRC have produced a checklist of 18 common errors. These are listed below:
Accountants Chester – Common error 1
Making deductions or taking payments from workers for items or expenses connected with their job which reduce the worker’s pay below the statutory minimum.
Accountants Chester – Common error 2
Making wage deductions or taking payments from workers for the employer’s own use or benefit…
For more information, see Common Minimum Wages Errors to Avoid
Accountants Chester – FAQs
The average hourly rate for an accountant in the UK is £25-35. However, this may vary depending on the accountant's experience, location, and the type of services they offer. For example, accountants who specialise in tax planning may charge more per hour than those who only offer basic bookkeeping services.
Here is a breakdown of the average hourly rates for different types of accountants in the UK:
- Bookkeeper: £20-25
- Accountant: £25-35
- Tax advisor: £35-45
- Business consultant: £45-60
For more information, see How much is an accountant per hour UK?
Whether or not an accountant is worth engaging depends on your individual circumstances. If you are comfortable dealing with your finances and have a good understanding of tax laws, then you may not need to use an accountant. However, if you are not comfortable with your finances or have complex tax issues, then engaging an accountant can be a wise investment.
Some of the benefits of using an accountant include:
- They can help you save money on taxes.
- They can help you avoid penalties and fines.
- They can help you make better financial decisions.
- They can help you protect your assets.
- They can provide peace of mind.
For more information, see Are accountants worth it?
The cost of hiring an accountant can depend on:
- Experience: More experienced accountants typically charge a higher rate per hour as they have a deeper understanding of accounting principles and tax laws, and can provide more comprehensive advice and services.
- Location: Accountants in cities, such as London, will charge more per hour than those in smaller towns or rural areas. This is due to the higher cost of living in cities, and accountants needing to charge more to cover their overhead costs.
- Services offered: Some accountants offer a wider range of services than others. Those who offer more specialised services, such as tax planning or financial planning, may charge a higher rate per hour.
- Level of service: Some accountants provide a higher level of service than others, such as providing more frequent updates, being more responsive to questions, and offering more support. Accountants who offer a higher level of service typically charge a higher rate per hour.
For more information, see Why is my accountant so expensive?
Tips on how to find a good accountant in the UK, include:
- Get recommendations from friends, family, or colleagues. First-hand feedback from people who have used the accountant's services, is one of the best ways to find a new accountant.
- Do your research online. There are a number of websites that list accountants in the UK, along with reviews to read. This can be an excellent way of narrowing down your options.
- Talk to several accountants before making a decision. This will allow you to get to know each accountant and see if they are a good fit for you. Make sure you ask about their experience, qualifications, fees, and services.
- Make sure the accountant is qualified and experienced. You want to make sure that the accountant you choose is qualified to give you the advice you need. They should also be experienced in dealing with personal finances.
For more information, see How do I find a good accountant UK?
Yes, an accountant can save you money in a number of ways. Here are a few examples:
- Helping you avoid penalties. Accountants are experts in tax law and can help you ensure that you are filing your taxes correctly and on time. This can save you from costly penalties.
- Helping you be more tax-efficient. Accountants can help you identify tax deductions and credits that you may be eligible for. This can save you money on your taxes.
- Freeing up your time. Bookkeeping and accounting can be time-consuming tasks. An accountant can take over these tasks for you, freeing up your time to focus on other aspects of your business.
- Providing business advice. Accountants can provide you with valuable advice on a variety of business matters, such as financial planning, investment strategies, and risk management. This advice can help you make better decisions that can save you money in the long run.
For more information, see Will an accountant save me money?
Whether or not you should hire an accountant depends on a number of factors, including the size and complexity of your business, your own financial knowledge and experience, and your budget.
If you are a small business owner with a relatively simple financial situation, you may be able to handle your own accounting without too much difficulty. However, if your business is growing or if you have complex financial needs, hiring an accountant can be a wise investment.
Accountants can provide a number of valuable services, including:
- Tax preparation
- Financial planning
- Business consulting
For more information, see Should I hire an accountant?
Accountants Chester – Legal Disclaimer
The information on this website is intended for guidance only. It is based upon our understanding of current legislation and is correct at the time of publishing. No liability is accepted by TPP Accountants Ltd T/A Phillips & Co Accountants for actions taken in reliance upon the information given. This website contains links to external sources of information which we believe you will find useful. However, we are not responsible for the content or integrity of any external websites and, as such, accept no liability for any viruses or malware connected to those sites and any resultant damage caused. Phillips & Co Accountants are a firm of Chartered Certified Accountants Chester. Thank you for visiting our Accountants Chester website.